Natural Treatment for ADD/ADHD Provided by a Batavia Chiropractor
Although it’s commonly thought of as a condition that affects only children, ADD and ADHD can happen in adults as well. Often, it can affect various aspects of a person’s life, including school, work, and socialization. While a physician typically prescribes medications to curb the symptoms, these come with their share of adverse effects including the possibility of addiction. At Sharratt Chiropractic Family Health & Massage Center, serving Batavia, St. Charles, Aurora, Geneva, and the surrounding Illinois area, we offer natural treatments where the only “side effect” is better health.
Definition of ADD and ADHD
Both attention deficit disorder (ADD) and attention hyperactivity deficit disorder (ADHD) affect a person’s ability to concentrate. However, ADD is actually a type of ADHD. Each one of these conditions causes an inability to focus, but children and adults with ADHD may find themselves moving frequently and fidgeting. They may have an inability to focus on a task. It can cause a person to daydream while at work or school. Some other common symptoms of these issues include:
· Problems with memory, forgetfulness
· Difficulty staying on task
· Frequently interrupting conversations
· Not paying attention when spoken to
· Doesn’t enjoy or tries to avoid tasks that require extended focus
· Makes careless mistakes
· Frequently loses items
· Struggles with following directions
· Unable to play quietly
· Talks a lot
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Often, just knowing the symptoms you or your child is experiencing is enough for a chiropractor to identify a problem with focus. In some cases, patients come to us after receiving a diagnosis from a doctor because they wanted a natural means to treat the problem.
At our chiropractic center, we frequently find that patients who struggle with ADD/ADHD will have four general areas of physical dysfunction.
1) ADD/ADHD patients function on a day to day basis with a frantic nervous system. Upregulating nervous system function with gentle chiropractic adjustments helps patients stay on task, function more successfully in school and the workplace, and find it easier to fit in socially.
2) Many ADD/ADHD patients have undiagnosed, underlying allergies. At Sharratt Chiropractic, we utilize a system of allergy elimination which diagnoses allergies, whether they be food, airborne or contact allergies. This system, NAET, eliminates allergies utilizing acupuncture (no needles) and nervous system/muscle testing.
3) Healthy and normal upregulation of the hormone, norepinephrine in the frontal center of the brain is a must for children and adults who struggle with ADD/ADHD. Clinical nutrition, also known as functional medicine, addresses this challenge with whole food supplements, enzymes and herbal compounds without negative affects from amphetamines like Adderall or Ritalin.
4) ADD/ADHD children and adults typically consume a diet of foods and beverages which are made in factories by mankind. These “food products” are not food compatible with the human organism, but are synthetic composites of chemicals, fillers, flavor enhancers and preservatives. Cleaning up the ADD/ADHD patient’s diet can be like steering the Titanic, but it does produce remarkable results and much more family happiness. As such, their toxic load created a heavy burden upon their brain’s function as well as the other eight systems of their body.
Schedule an appointment with Chiropractic Family Health & Massage Center, serving Batavia, St. Charles, Aurora, Geneva, and the surrounding Illinois area, by calling (603) 406-8088 today.