Pinched Nerve Treatment From Our Chiropractor in Batavia, IL
If you are suffering from a pinched nerve, most likely you are aware that something is wrong. Symptoms like shooting pains, numbness, loss of sensation and dull throbbing tend to be significant enough to be noticeable. As your chiropractor in Batavia, IL, we want you to know that there are effective chiropractic treatments available for pinched nerves. You do not have to continue to suffer. Please get in touch with our office and schedule an appointment so we can get you relief!
What is a Pinched Nerve?
The term pinched nerve describes a condition where a nerve is compressed in a way that it shouldn’t be. The pressure on the nerve is often caused by subluxations – misalignments – in the spine. Once pressure starts affecting the nerve, it can lead to a variety of symptoms that range from annoying to debilitating. They may include:
- Throbbing pain
- Shooting pain
- Feeling of electrical shocks
- Loss of sensation
- Stabbing pain
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
Chiropractic treatments and associated therapies are extremely effective in the treatment of pinched nerves. Our focus on improving your spinal and postural alignment lets us identify imbalances and misalignment and target those issues with proven treatments.
When you come into our treatment center, we will conduct a thorough examination and determine what treatments will be most effective for your particular circumstances. Treatment may include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments - The core of our practice revolves around chiropractic adjustments, which have been used to treat pinched nerves for well over 100 years. We identify the vertebrae that have moved from their proper position and use gentle pressure to push those vertebrae back in place. Adjustments relieve pressure on the nerve and allow the injury to heal.
- Massage Therapy - Massage works well in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments to treat problems in the soft tissues surrounding the pinched nerve. The body will often react to a pinched nerve by stiffening, with muscles tightening to protect the area. But the tightening can hold the misalignment in place, and even increase the pressure on the nerve. Massage relaxes the muscles, breaks up scar tissue and helps your adjustments stay in place.
- Spinal Decompression - By carefully stretching your spine, we can take much of the pressure off of the nerve, which can relieve your pain and help the nerve and the surrounding area heal.
- Physiotherapy - Corrective exercises can help improve muscle imbalances and flexibility, which can help to heal the current injury and prevent similar injuries in the future. By getting stronger, you speed up your healing time and improve your results.
Contact Us Our Chiropractor in Batavia and Geneva, IL Today!
Our team is ready and waiting to help you recover from your pinched nerve. As your chiropractor in Batavia and Geneva, IL, we are your resource for pinched nerve treatment and chiropractic care. Please contact us at (630) 406-8088 today to schedule your appointment!