Natural Relief for Shoulder, Hand, and Arm Pain at Sharratt Chiropractic
Do you feel as if you're going through life with one arm, or even both, functioning less than normal and healthy? Shoulder, arm, or hand pain can render that entire extremity functionally useless, with even the slightest task proving beyond your comfortable abilities. Here at Sharratt Chiropractic, we help people in Batavia, Aurora, Geneva, and St. Charles free themselves from upper extremity pain the natural, non-pharmaceutical, non-surgical way.
Causes of Upper Extremity Pain
Upper extremity pain can be a frustrating, confusing challenge because there are so many possible origin points for your pain. The list of potential culprits actually starts with the cervical spine. The nerve roots in this area branch out into the major and minor nerves that run through the shoulder and arm to the hand. An impingement in one of these nerve roots can send pain signals to any point along the extremity, making you think that you have a joint or muscle injury instead.
Of course, your shoulder, arm, or hand can also develop chronic pain problems or sustain acute injuries. Examples include:
- Osteoarthritis in the affected joint
- A painful dislocation or rotator cuff injury in the shoulder
- An accumulation of tight scar tissue within the shoulder (adhesive capsulitis or "frozen shoulder")
- Tendon inflammation along the inside or outside of the elbow (tennis or golfer's elbow)
- Bursitis, an inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs in an extremity joint
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, an impingement of the median nerve in the wrist
Many of these chronic extremity joint problems are related to overuse. Repetitive motion in your work or sport, for instance, can gradually produce a state of chronic pain and inflammation.
Chiropractic Adjustment and Other Treatment Methods
Our chiropractor, Dr. Sharratt, can discover the true origin point and underlying cause of your shoulder, arm or hand pain through X-ray imaging, evaluation of your symptoms, and consideration of factors such as your job requirements or medical history. We can then address those problems through holistic healing and pain management methods such as:
- Chiropractic adjustment to optimize the positions of joint components along with relieving spinal nerve impingement.
- Ultrasound, massage therapy, and other soft tissue therapies
- Exercises and lifestyle advice to help you rehabilitate an injury and minimize future joint problems
Need a Helping Hand in Batavia, Aurora, Geneva, or St. Charles?
Our chiropractor can help you overcome your shoulder, arm or hand pain. If you could use a helping hand in Batavia, Aurora, Geneva, or St. Charles, call 630-406-8088 today!